Animal Friends is a non-profit, non-governmental organization, founded in 2001 with the aim to promote animal protection and animal rights as well as veganism, as ethical, ecological and healthy lifestyle.
The end goal is abolishing speciesism, or any form of abuse, torture and exploitation of animals by people, respecting animal rights and achieving biocentrism and a sustainable way of life for the good of everyone.
In their activities so far, Animal Friends has carried out hundreds of campaigns and activities where it has pointed out animal suffering occurring in the food industry, laboratories, fur farms, and in the hunting and fishing industries. The organization has also educated the public about the problem of abandoning and abusing pets.
The official Animal Friends web page is www.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr, and other web projects include: www.vegan.hr, www.MasovnoUbijanje.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr, www.Vegekit.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr,www.saveprimates.eu, www.v-label.info, www.futurefood.org, www.abolicija.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr, www.nevidljive-zivotinje.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr, www.animalist.eu,www.zegevege.com and www.zeleni-ponedjeljak.com.
Animal Friends is a member organization of EVU (European Vegetarian Union), ECEAE (European Coalition to End Animal Experiments), FFA (Fur Free Alliance), Eurogroup For Animals, IAFC (International Anti-Fur Coalition) and OIPA (International Organization for Animal Protection) and is a partner of the international organization InterNICHE.
To realize its goals Animal Friends uses the following methods:
– citizen education
– collaboration with public institutions at national and local levels
– collaboration with authorities at national and local levels
– collaboration with sister associations from abroad
– suggesting changes to the law and bylaws
– public manifestations (information stalls, festivals, protests, processions, public activities)
– teaching in pre-school, primary and high schools and universities
– publishing books, films, brochures, leaflets, web pages and other printed and on-line publications
– advising on a healthy diet, ways to act for animals and the environment and similar causes
– programs of cheaper and, depending on donated funds, free castrations
If you are interested in:
– receiving our free literature
– holding lectures or presentations in your schools/universities
– gaining knowledge on vegan diet and cooking
– advice regarding a healthy diet, products not tested on animals, compassionate dressing
– active participation and volunteering
– becoming a member and supporting us according to your wishes and abilities
– castration of fostered animals
– help with organizing public events connected to promoting veganism and animal rights…
As an organization, Animal Friends does not engage in the following activities:
– accepting abandoned animals (we do not have a shelter)
– picking up wounded and abandoned animals
– writing animal abuse reports instead of witnesses (we give instructions)
You can find a list of competent institutions and instructions on what to do in cases of animal negligence, abuse and killing here.
You can find the application form for membership here.
You can find how you can help here.
Animal Friends IBAN: HR2023600001101531137