‘By adopting a more plant-based diet, we can each help curb climate change while also doing something good for our health, for animals, and for our taste buds. With more meat-free meals than ever being eaten today, we’re on the right track toward a more sustainable diet.’ – Leilani Münter, professional race car driver and environmental activist
Meatout this year was marked with a workshop of vegan dishes on Zagreb’s main square in collaboration with Farm Animal Rights Movement – FARM.
This year we also invited citizens to celebrate Easter in an ethical manner with vegan dishes and wood or plastic eggs instead of chicken and buying chicks or rabbits as something fun for children.
Plant-Based Nutrition Lowers Blood Pressure
We marked World Health Day by introducing a new flyer, poster and a nutrition pyramid with the right food, and with expert advice and blood pressure measurements to invite people to change of their eating habits.
Modern Science without the Use of Animals
In Rijeka we held a promotion for the brochure A Critical Look at Animal Experimentation and showed “Safer Medicines”, a film. The brochure was presented by a politician and university professor, Damir Hrsak, and Predrag Sustar, a dean of the Faculty of Philosophy in Rijeka.
Adopting is Cool
We participated in the first “Adopting is Cool” action this year with the aim of helping old and wounded dogs. Croatian actress, Doris Pincic, also joined the action.
- Our reaction to a pate commercial.
- Our warning to Roses Fashion Outlet warning and report to the inspection because they gave rabbits as prizes in a raffle.
- Criticism of the death of more than hundred cows on the farm near Udbina.
- A citizen who wishes to remain anonymous offered us a 5,000 kuna donation for the punishing of a dog killer.
- From news on our web site:
a) It is Shameful That People Do the Work of the Veterinary Inspection!
b) Abused Dogs in Brestovecka/Marija Snjezna
c) Interview with Herma Caelen
d) Free game Run Cow Run (IPhone/IPad/Android)
e) Srdjan Gojkovic – Gile and Damir Hrsak on the list of famous vegetarians
- New video clip: Gaiaisi – “Tell a Friend”
- New product on the White List: Frenchtop Hairwonder
- New retailers on the list of fur free retailers: Ivanka Moda, Mana Moda
- New on our YouTube: “Sitting on a Time Bomb” lecture
- ZeGeVege Festival will take place this year on Sept 6-7 in Zagreb. Follow us for more information.
Thank you all for your support, membership and for following our activities throughout all hundred issues of our newlsetter.
Best regards until the 101st issue of AnimaList!
Your Animal Friends Croatia