‘There are over 600 million vegetarians in the world. (…) Despite this massive footprint, we are still drowned out by the raucous huntin’, shootin’, killin’ cartels who believe that violence is the answer – when it shouldn’t even be a question.’ – Phillip Wollen
Animals as Political Questions!
Croatian Parliament discussed changes to the Animal Protection Act.
Boris Novkovic in the Shocking Video about the Fur Industry
European Union without Cosmetics Tested on Animals!
By presenting the brochure A Critical Look at Animal Experimentation we marked March 11, 2013 when the European Union banned the selling of cosmetics tested on animals.
The Amendments have Helped Animals!
The Animal Protection Act was saved from degradation thanks to the amendments from Mirela Holy, HNS Club, and the government which adopted and proposed them to the MPs
- We sent a letter to the Sanitary Inspection Directorate regarding the poisoning of animals in Zagreb.
- As a result of the abuse case concerning a St. Bernard dog in Zagreb, we warned the public about the veterinary inspection’s ineffective actions.
- Please watch Harlem Shake by Animal Friends Croatia!
- From the news on our web site:
a) Changes in the Animal Protection Act 2012
b) Sigur Ros singer Jonsi on the list of famous vegans
c) Thoughts About Vegetarianism III
d) The Link Between Animal Abuse and Human Violence edited by Andrew Linzey
- Together with our Slovenian colleagues, we are happy that the new Slovenian act bans the breeding and hunting of animals for fur, skin and feather.
- To support our work please click here.
Thank you all for your support, membership and for following our activities. Best regards until the next issue of our e-newsletter!
Your Animal Friends Croatia