‘I think there will come a time (…) when civilized people will look back in horror on our generation and the ones that have preceded it: the idea that we should eat other living things (…), that we should raise them just for the purpose of killing them! The people of the future will (…) regard us in the same way that we regard cannibals and cannibalism.’ – Dennis Weave
Dogs in Public Transportation
We sent letters to various offices in Zagreb and other Croatian cities in which we have demanded that citizens should be allowed to use public transportation together with their companion animals.
Plastic Bags are not Free
We complimented the decision of the Ministry of Environmental and Nature Protection to introduce a mandatory charge for plastic bags and called upon citizens to reject plastic bags and replace them with long-lasting, ecological bags, which can be used multiple times. Thanks to this decision, the campaign we launched in 2008 is successfuly coming to its end.
S.O.S. for Captain Paul Watson
We held a demo and handed over letters to the German Embassy in Zagreb in support to Captain Paul Watson, who who is facing extradition to Costa Rica by the German government because a decade ago he campaigned against illegal shark finning in Guatemalan waters.
Demo against Animal Transport
In order to draw attention to the horrors that animals endure in transit and the appalling statistics on the transport of live animals, we marched in protest against animal transport and staged a performance in Zagreb. Photo gallery from that demo can be seen here.
In Order to Eat Someone’s Flesh, We Must Kill Our Heart
On the occasion of publishing the ad “In Order to Eat Someone’s Flesh, We Must Kill Our Heart” we organized a delicious vegan tasting in Rijeka. This campaign was initiated by one lady from Rijeka, who in this way wanted to appeal to all citizens not to participate in the killing of animals and to experience peace which comes from a clear conscience.
- We sent a request to the mayor of Daruvar to reconsider the decision which limits the number of dogs to a maximum of three in Daruvar’s households. We are glad that this decision was revoked in the meantime.
- We filed criminal charges against the Veterinary station Vetam in Osijek and Veterinary station Beli Manastir.
- We sent a request to the Croatian minister of the interior for the amendment to the Explosive Substances Act in regards to Christmas and New Year’s holiday when many animals and people are hurt by exploding pyrotechnic devices.
- We participated at the Eurogroup Members Forum in Bruxelles, the workshop in the Impact Center in Zadar organized by the National Foundation for Civil Society Development, the Association Week in Zagreb and the Day of Cistoca, department of waste management and the World Environment Day in Zagreb.
- On the Health Food Fair in Sveti Kriz Zacretje we held vegan cooking workshops, lectures about health food and info stall.
- Our Green Monday campaign is now officially supported by the President of Republic of Croatia Mr. Ivo Josipovic.
- We continued with lectures in schools, faculties and kindergartens, and on June 16, 2012 we will participate in the Associations Open Door.
- Please check the updates in the Restaurants and Famous Vegetarians sections and Tips for vegan tourists in Croatia on our web site. On our YouTube channel please watch the video ‘Ask Your Doctor About MEAT’.
- In our web catalog we have now black iron-rich salt with a specific sulfurous smell of hard boiled eggs.
Thank you for following us on our web site, Facebook and Twitter and for responding to our pleas for your support. By supporting our work you are helping the animals.
For the animals,
Animal Friends Croatia