‘During my medical education at the University of Basel, I found vivisection horrible, barbarous, and above all unnecessary.’ – Carl G. Jung, Collected Works
Sponsor a Shelter Dog!
In collaboration with the City Office for Agriculture and Forestry of the City of Zagreb and the Shelter for abandoned animals of the City of Zagreb we sent out a call for adoption and sponsorship of the shelter dogs during the event ‘Adopting is Cool’.
Luka Nizetic in the Campaign ‘I Love Animals’
Three years ago we launched a campaign ‘I Love Animals’ in order to help with the construction and registration of the Ianua Animal Sanctuary. Now, the chain store dm and Croatian singer Luka Nizetic joined this campaign too with Luka’s new single ‘Kad zasvira orkestar’ (When the Orchestra Plays).
Don’t Buy Animals!
This year the Croatian celebrity couple Mirna and Mario Valentic joined our campaign ‘Family to the Seaside, Dog to the Street?’ together with the dog Bodo and tomcat Zabica – proteges of the Shelter for abandoned animals in Dumovec. The ads ‘Do not Adopt Animals if You are Going to Leave Them!’ will be posted in many Croatian cities.
Free the Spanish 12
In order to show solidarity with the 12 Spanish activists of Animal Equality and Eguanimal accused of offences against the environment, public disorder, and forming a criminal organization, we held a protest in front of the Spanish Embassy in Zagreb. If you want to support them as well, please sign the petition for their release.
– Under the organization of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development we participated at the round table about the homing of abandoned and lost animals which took place in Zagreb for the representatives of local self-government units.
– We sent a public reaction about the food poisoning of police officers with ham sandwiches during the mass with Pope Benedikt XVI in Zagreb, announcing that we will send a proposal to the Ministry of Home Affairs to introduce the Green Monday to police officers.
– We sent a report to the veterinary inspectors because of the neglection of founding information centers .
– We participated on the Veganmania summerfestivals in Graz and Munich, a workshop for the public relations for NGOs in Zabok and the Dogs Trust Training in London.
– From the news on our web site please check out the great new book Veganist by Kathy Freston, the new poll on our home page and other updates.
– Please do not forget to sign ‘Say NO to CRUEL COSMETICS’ petition to help the EU to be free of all new animal tested cosmetics by 2013. Also check out our white list of companies that do not test on animals.
Thank you all for your support to our work with your kind donations by becoming our member or by ordering merchandise from our web catalog. Your support is crucial in our efforts to make this world a more just and better place.Your Animal Friends Croatia