‘Between the murder of an animal and the murder of a man, there’s no more than one step!’ – Leo Tolstoy
Day Against Plastic Bags
On December 19, the Day Against Plastic Bags, we organized a joint action with Lush in the center of Zagreb named ‘with plastic bag monsters against plastic bags.’ Two ‘bag monsters’ handed out informative leaflets to the citizens, inviting them to sign the petition for the ban of plastic bags in Croatia. Besides this action, we had info stalls where the petition could be signed too. We also had this action against the plastic bags in Split, during which a tree was symbolically decorated with plastic bags.
News and Announcements
– We gave support to the Decision about the conditions and ways of keeping companion animals and treating abandoned and lost animals by the City of Zagreb, which forbids keeping dangerous and potentially dangerous animals as companion animals.
– On the annual contest ‘Vidi web top 100’ for the best Croatian web site, our web site www.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr was for the third time appointed among the 10 best in the section ‘Science, Education and Culture.’
– We visited Grad mladih (The Youth Town) in Zagreb where we held short lectures about animal protection and rights for children of age 7-14.
– The first gathering of our members in this year on January 10 went in a good atmosphere and with yummy food. It resulted with new acquaintances and new ideas for the promoting of animal rights.
– On January 31 we will join our colleagues in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, in their protest march and performance against the killing of animals for fur. On February 7 we are participating on the anti-fur protest in Maribor, Slovenia.
– This year the annual big anti-fur protest in Zagreb will take place on February 28. We hope you will have this date in mind and help us to be loud for those who have been tortured and killed for glamour.
– On March 14 again we will stand in front of the Canadian Embassy in Zagreb, demanding a stop of the seal slaughter and asking for a ban on trade of seal fur in the European Union.
– Among news on our web site please find the article Did You Say, ‘Pass the Milk?’ and the new novel by Dean Koontz The Darkest Evening of the Year.
– Lagorda is a new company on the Croatian White List of companies which do not test their products on animals. On the White List of pet shops the animal supply store VET CENTAR from Rijeka was added.
– We invite you to contribute personally to the construction of our first shelter for abused animals in Croatia. Your personal contribution in building a sanctuary for abused animals by on-line donation is much appreciated.
– We would also like to invite you to visit Potok – The Vegetarian Center on the island of Brac. For those interested in helping around the center, free accomodation and a pleasant vacation is guaranteed! For more information please contact Jenny Gage at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her web site www.vegpot.com.
To become a member of Animal Friends Croatia member please click here. More information about our future activities and info stalls you can find in our Calendar of Activities.
With hope that with joint forces in 2009 as well we will do many good things for the animals, we thank you once more for your continued support.
With best wishes,
Your Animal Friends Croatia