Best Royal Treatment for Cows!
As part of the Queen Wanted campaign, we created a fourth video
to present the advantages of plant-based milk. Using plant-based dairy products is one of the most significant steps that an individual can take to reduce their carbon footprint and prevent cruelty towards cows and their calves. Visit QueenWanted.net for an overview of our work on the campaign.
Raping a Cat is Not Child Play
We vehemently condemned the brutal rape and killing of a cat by minors at a Roma settlement in Medjimurje County. Children committed the sexual abuse while having fun, whereas an adult filmed the act and shared the video later. Moreover, we are shocked by the statement by Judge Lana Peto Kujundžić which seems to relativise the crime and the committed offence.
For Years Celebrities Lend their Voices in Support of Animals!
Family on Holiday, Dog out on the Street?! has been our longest running campaign. For the past 21 years, many Croatian celebrities have been the face of our flagship campaign – starting with Maja Vučić, Nikolina Pišek, Tatjana Jurić, Anđela Ramljak, Franka Batelić, Marko Tolja, Doris Pinčić, Igor Mešin, Rene Bitorajac, including Dario Brzoja, music band Vatra, Ksenija Pajić, Slavko Sobin, Zdenka Kovačiček, Tarik Filipović, just to name a few. This year again, we emphasised the importance of animal spaying and responsible pet care all year round.
Inspectors Unconcerned by Long History of Filthy Animal Shelter
We filed a detailed complaint against an animal shelter in Beli Manastir following last month’s incident in which a pack of dogs attacked a female dog. This was only one in the long line of incidents, such as the disturbing video footage of a dog eating another dead dog. Our latest complaint submitted to the veterinary inspection listed examples of numerous irregularities, as well as poor health and life conditions suffered by dogs at the shelter over the past ten years.
We reacted to the announcement of the killing of a female bear and her cubs on the island of Krk, followed up by a memo sent to the Minister of Agriculture. We believe that a decision to kill the bears contradicts the principle of protection of both humans and animals, as well as nature. Instead, the public, hunters, and everyone else should be further educated to secure a co-existence of humans and bears free of exaggerated estimates on risks of bears attacks on humans.
- We made a statement on the circus using animals in their acts.
- We thanked the City of Zagreb for cancelling the Fireworks Festival.
- We met with Mr Kajtazi, MP, to discuss the criminal act of cat raping and killing, as well as the implementation of the spaying project in Roma settlements.
- We sent an appeal to Croatian members of the European Parliament to sign a joint request to the European Commission on the removal of the minimum weight required in the production of foie gras aimed at preventing forceful goose feeding.
- We gave an interview on the importance of plant-based diet.
- We sent a request for information to the City of Zagreb regarding the announced killing of additional 105 wild boars on Medvednica mountain.
- We reacted to the incident of 2 dogs and 2 cats abandoned in a hot car, leading to one dog’s and one cat’s death and leaving the other dog in critical condition.
- We reminded the public of the importance of protecting our pets during hot weather and providing for other animals by placing bowls of water outside their homes.
- We joined a meeting gathering representatives of all animal shelters from across Croatia.
- We reacted to the use of horses at the Valpovo Summer event.
- We praised the city of Križevci for prescribing permanent spaying and co-financing the spaying of owned pets by 50% of the total cost.
- We made a statement on the harm of urban beekeeping.
Despite great effort and numerous results, we cannot continue our work for animals without your continuous financial assistance. Support us with a standing order, donation and payment of the annual membership fee. Even a few kunas a month can mean a lot to us. Thank you all!
Your Animal Friends
Follow us on social networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.