„Life is life–whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man’s own advantage.” – Sri Aurobindo
For cosmetics without animal testingWe called people to sign up for a European citizens’ initiative without animal testing in production of cosmetics, and thanks to all of you, we managed to help tens of millions of animals who are still suffering because of cosmetic products or their ingredients, that is, over a million necessary signatures were collected in order to start the procedure for legal changes.
Enjoy your meal at the 14th ZeGeVegeWe have announced the 14th consecutive ZeGeVege festival of sustainable living, which will be held on Friday, September 23 and Saturday, September 24, 2022, at Ban Jelačić Square. In addition to an extensive educational and entertainment program, this year Zagreb’s main square will also tempt passers-by for two full days with a variety of exhibitors offering exclusively plant-based healthy food, eco-products and cosmetics that have not been tested on animals.
They die of heatstroke on the chainWe have created a new website www.boljizakon.net, where we have explained in detail the proposals for legal changes to prescribe a complete ban on keeping dogs on a chain, the introduction of the so-called Positive lists, ban on keeping wild animals in private captivity, a complete ban on animals in circuses, the introduction of mandatory castration of dogs and cats and other changes. We were reminded that callous individuals tie dogs to a chain to “guard” the field and leave them to suffer in unbearable heat.
Petition to ban bottom trawlsAlthough we were supported by many citizens at the public debate regarding the use of trawlers, where we demanded an immediate and complete ban on trawling in the Adriatic Sea, the Ministry of Agriculture decided to extend the validity period of the Approval even until March 1, 2024, thus condemning the Adriatic Sea to the continued destruction of marine life bottom and extermination of marine animals. That’s why we started at www.zabranimo-koce.net to abolish this cruel and destructive fishing method that leaves behind only devastation and enormous damage.
Plant-based milk tastes like cow’s milkOn the occasion of World Plant Milk Day, which is celebrated on August 22, we organized the distribution of free coffee with various types of plant milk at Ban Jelačić Square. We also presented a new full-fat plant-based milk that tastes like cow’s, and passers-by could learn about the great benefits of plant-based milks from appropriate visuals.
In the long run, they choose veganismAthletes Bojan Kuljić, Ana Štefulj and Igor Drašković invited to the 14th ZeGeVege festival of sustainable living through campaign posters. With the slogan “We choose veganism in the long run“, they emphasize that they are equally persistent and persevering in both veganism and running, and invited everyone to come to ZeGeVege to make sure that vegan food is ultra-food for ultra-endurance. They emphasized that everyone should decide on such a diet, for the sake of themselves and the animals, but also before climate change overtakes us.
Stop speciesismOn the occasion of the World Day for the Abolition of Speciesism, we walked through the center of Zagreb with a banner on which the message “Let’s choose food that didn’t have eyes” was highlighted. Speciesism is species based discriminative behavior that can be resisted through compassionate living and veganism. Just as our society wants to end sexism and racism, we need to act in the same way towards speciesism.
International Dog DayWe celebrated International Dog Day with the aim of raising awareness of the need to improve dog care. We invited the cities and municipalities to mark that day by implementing the control of microchipping of dogs by visiting all households, which is one of their legal obligations, and by financing the castration of guardian dogs. We also reminded everyone to adopt dogs, instead of buying them, and to take care of them responsibly.
- We sent a letter to the City of Dubrovnik regarding the urgent implementation of the Animal Protection Act.
- We gave an interview about cultured meat and the future of nutrition. Sign the petition for a world without slaughterhouses.
- We reported keeping birds for the purpose of decorating a cafe and an urgent order for charging of taking photos of monkeys and owls in Zadar.
- We participated in Veganmania in Ljubljana and Vienna.
- We sent a letter to the new Minister of Finance regarding the new Ordinance on breeding and taxation of pet trade.
- The deadline by which the dogs from Žarkovica must be relocated and adopted has been postponed. Help them by sharing stories from the website adopt-zarkovica.eu.
- We participated in a meeting with representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture on the topic of banning bottom trawls.
- We issued a statement on food safety, pesticides, hormones and antibiotics in meat, milk and eggs and the benefits of a plant-based diet; both for the environment and for human health.
- So far, more than 800 dogs and cats in Sisak-Moslavina County have been neutered through the Double Kuna for Double Rescue campaign.
Check out new videos on our Youtube channel:
- Greetings from Farmica!
- Announcement of the ZeGeVege festival 2022.
- Report on the upcoming ZeGeVege on Mreza TV.
Despite great effort and numerous results, we cannot continue our work for animals without your continuous financial assistance. Support us with a standing order, donation and payment of the annual membership fee. Even a few kunas a month can mean a lot to us. Thank you all!
Your Animal Friends