„I hope someday everyone will care about all animals, not just the “cute and cuddly” ones” – Joanne McArthur
Bind me with love, not a chain
The petition for a total ban on keeping dogs on the chain has so far been signed by more than 50,000 people. We thank everyone for their support and ask the citizens to write to the Government at firstname.lastname@example.org and the Minister of Agriculture at email@example.com asking for a complete legal ban on keeping dogs on a chain ”. The campaign was supported by many celebrities such as Tereza Kesovija, Mia Dimšić, Saša Lozar, Marija Omaljev, Zdenka Kovačiček and many others.
Movie Save Ralph
We have announced that the animated film “Save Ralph”, released by the Humane Society International, has been released as part of the campaign for a final ban on animal testing of cosmetics. In it, rabbit Ralph describes his daily routine as one of many “testers” in the laboratory. Taika Waititi stars as the voice of the titular rabbit and the rest of the cast includes Ricky Gervais, Zac Efron and other famous actors. We ask everyone to buy only vegan cosmetics that have not been tested on animals in order to finally ban testing on animals.
We can save Earth by veganism
After the documentary “Cowspiracy” which deals with industrial animal husbandry and how it affects the environment, a new documentary “Seaspiracy” was released. The film tells the story of the harsh reality of commercial fishing and leaves no one indifferent! On the occasion of Earth Day on April 22, we invited everyone to watch both documentaries, sign up for the Veggie Challenge and by changing their diet directly help stop the systematic destruction of our only planet.
And the Association of Chain Prohibition Cities
The Association of Cities, whose goal is to encourage cooperation between local self-government units and promote the common interests of cities in the Republic of Croatia, gave their support to the national campaign for “For Croatia without dogs on a chain”. They emphasized that for years they have been advocating for a more humane treatment of animals, and protecting their welfare, as well as imposing measures and punishments on perpetrators of various acts of abuse and / or inhumane keeping of animals.
- We have established a collaboration with bookstore Planetopia. From every copy of the books How to Become Vegan and Animalkind sold, Planetopia donates to us 5 HRK.
- Read the tips and experiences of our Emanuela in the new issue of Doctor Plus magazine.
- Check out an interview with Ingrid Newkirk, author of Animalkind and founder of Peta.
- We wrote an article about the fur industry in short.
- We have updated the Top-list of good and bad guys for March.
- We held the 26th meeting of the Animal Welfare Network.
- We repeated the report for the dog in Krapina and asked for supervision over the keeping of the dog in Pakrac.
- We requested supervision over the Municipality of Polača and the Municipality of Drenovci.
- We sent a criminal complaint related to the dog Amari in Vir.
- New holders of the V-label have recently become: REŠTIJA j.d.o.o, Naše klasje d.o.o. and Vrsna d.o.o.
- We participated in the event “Trešnjevka is waking up!”.
- We gave a statement regarding the killed wolf in Gračac.
- From now on, you can also pay donations to the association via the KEKS Pay application.
Despite great effort and numerous results, we cannot continue our work for animals without your continuous financial assistance. Support us with a standing order, donation and payment of the annual membership fee. Even a few kunas a month can mean a lot to us. Thank you all!
Your Animal Friends
Follow us on social networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.