„The animals deserve respect and compassion – I think we all know this in our hearts, and we just have to make compassionate choices. And in terms of choice, there truly is no better time in history to go vegan than today!“ – Evanna Lynch, actress
Vegan burger tasting
On June 22nd, the smell of vegan burgers – that we prepared and offered to curious citizens – spread throughout the Zagreb’s Flower Square (Cvjetni trg). This is the first vegan burger made of pea protein that tastes, has an aroma, texture and appearance resembling that of a hamburger made from animal meat. Because of it s ingredients it is more ecological and healthier, therefore there is no need to kill any animals to prepare it.
Love is not for sale
We organized a „Love is not for sale
“ event, where around 20 members of the Animal Protection Network presented their work on taking care of abandoned animals. At the Jelačić Square in Zagreb anyone interested in their work was able to meet some of their furry members / animals who needed fostering, as well as find out all about the importance of sterilization and microchipping of dogs. The message of this event was to always adopt animals, not buy them and thus take part in cruelty against them.
Preparations for the ZeGeVege festival
We have announced the 12th ZeGeVege Festival of Sustainable Living
which will be held at Jelacic Square in Zagreb on September 6th and 7th, 2019. We expect about 50,000 visitors from Croatia and abroad who will enjoy two days of Veganmania’s good atmosphere and will surely find something interesting for themselves, as well as get acquainted with the benefits of a vegan lifestyle. Please sign up
for volunteering as early as today.
Slavko Sobin for animals
For the 17th year in a row, through our famous summer campaign “Family leaves for a vacation, dog ends up on the street?!
” we reminded that love for animals does not come without responsibility. Popular Croatian actor, Slavko Sobin, together with his dogs Buba and Mara, presented the message about the importance of adopting, microchipping and castrating dogs and cats. On June 29th, at the Zagreb’s Flower Square (Cvjetni trg), Slavko Sobin presented a visual campaign calling for adoption instead of buying animals.
Matija arrived in Kuterevo
After we repeatedly appealed for the bear cub Matija not to stay permanently at the Zoo, he finally found his home in the Kuterevo Sanctuary. This bear cub had a rough start to life, losing his mother early on, but experts believe that with the help of experienced staff, problems with his development will be overcome. We are continuing our devotion to have all the bears in private captivity transferred to sanctuaries, including the bears at the Macola restaurant
Supporting the ban on firecrackers
We appeal to the Ministry of Internal Affairs to urgently amend the legal acts, as to ban the use of pyrotechnics in the F2 and F3 categories throughout the whole year, including the period from December 27th to 30th, when nothing is celebrated either way. Together with the Ministry of Science and Education, the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health
, the Ministry of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts also supported this matter. Sign and spread
the word about the petition.
The Farm of Horrors in France
We’ve published the footage
taken by the investigators of One Voice on a farm of horrors in the Northwest France, calling for fur animal breeding to be banned throughout the European Union.
Control of castration
With the aim of preventing further uncontrolled breeding, we requested an urgent inspection of the implemented Project of dog castration in Roma settlements in Međimurje County.
Cruel exploitation of horses
While there was even more troublesome footage showed in media, where horses in Zagreb are exploited for wood hauling, we warned Croatian Forests
that they should take responsibility for these actions as well, and stand against any form of horse exploitation.
Every donation is precious
We advocated support
for the campaign against abandoning the animals. Every donation can directly affect the destiny of dogs and cats that suffer from irresponsible human behavior. Thank you in advance!
- We have requested an inspection to ban the sale of animals at the Trešnjevka market in Zagreb.
- After the alerts made by concerned citizens about the apparent poor psychological condition of the Lanka elephant in the safari-park in the Brijuni National Park, we sent an application for veterinary inspection to check the conditions in which Lanka is kept at.
- In media, we spoke of the importance of microchipping, sterilization and adoption, the connection between fitness and vegan lifestyle, ecology, and the importance of accepting a plant-based diet for the sake of the animals.
- We offered our advice to Brod-Posavina County regarding the better working of an animal shelter, which is currently under construction.
- We attended a meeting with representatives of the Association of Cities where we discussed the implementation of the Animal Protection Act.
- At a meeting in Sisak-Moslavina County, we asked for the support for the City of Kutina in the construction of a shelter for abandoned animals.
- We met with the Mayor of Sisak to talk about the implementation of microchipping control. The City of Sisak prescribes permanent sterilization as a method of reproduction control, as well as allows subsidies for castration.
- We gave an interview in which we talk about the importance of adoption and castration. Furthermore, we repeated the message that animals are not objects and should not be a part of the trade. See also our guest appearance concerning animal and community problems due to human irresponsibility.
- We added a young singer Billie Eilish to the list of famous vegans..
- We thank everyone who paid the membership fee for the year 2019. Vlatka Medvedec is the winner of the Be Pure web store’s gift package. Keep supporting us and let’s be a group of proud animal friends.
With gratitude and massive greetings,
Your Animal Friends
Follow us on social networks:Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram i YouTube.