“Every person I have met who has gone vegan says it is the best decision they have ever made.” – Lewis Hamilton
Dogs are Dying During Benkovac Fair
We have reported the illegal sale of puppies at Benkovac’s monthly fair to the Ministry of Agriculture. According to the information we received, the unsold puppies, which are not vaccinated or microchipped, are abandoned by their owners and left near the fair area, around town or in nearby fields. Vets and the municipality services monitoring officers are not doing anything about it despite being present at the fair. The mayor of Benkovac promised us that he will do everything in his power to stop this from reoccurring in the future.
Live Fish and Crabs Markets Even in 2019?
We have sent a letter to the retail chains who still keep live fish and crabs for sale in fish tanks in their stores, asking them to abandon this practice.
Continuation of the Project of Castration of Dogs in Roma Settlements
Luka Oman, the special advisor of the Minister of Agriculture in the area of animal protection, attended the 6th session of the Committee for monitoring the implementation of the national strategy for inclusion of Roma people
, with a report on the implementation of the project “Sterilization and microchipping of dogs in Roma settlements”. We sent a letter to the Ministry, emphasizing the need for continuation of this project in 2019.
How to Say “I Love You” in a Vegan Way?
To celebrate Valentine’s Day, we offered a few ideas on how to surprise a loved one and show love in a vegan way. Some of them were taking your partner to a romantic vegan dinner (or cooking it yourself!), buying them a cruelty-free gift or watching together a compassionate movie, such as “Okja” or “Ferdinand”.
March for the Animals 2019
April 13th is not far away! Make a reservation in your calendar to join us on this year’s March for the Animals
! Spread the news!
- Every Wednesday from 5 P.M. you can visit our stall at the King Tomislav square in Zagreb.
- View the photographs from the recently held vegan dinner for non-vegans!
- We condemned the murder of two dogs from a well-known Croatian farm – Zrno, known for organic production. We warned that the Animal Protection Act should be obeyed, and the offenders should be adequately punished. Sadly, this is often not the case and the authorities turn a blind eye on them.
- We reacted to the disregard of the Regulation on packagings and its waste, and stated that all stores should equally obey the law. We added that plastic bags are harmful to the environment and the reduction of their use is necessary.
- We reminded the cities and municipalities to distribute a flyer about the legal obligations of dog guardians.
- The Animal Protection Network had its 17th meeting.
Thank you all who helped us with their membership and donation. If you haven’t already, please back us with your donation so we can continue working for animals. Support our work with a standing order, donation, or annual membership fee. Every donation, no matter how small, means a lot to us!
All the best,
Your Animal Friends
Follow us on social networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.