„No animal needs to die in order for me to live. And that makes me feel good.” – Howard Lynan
Veganism is the Future—Join it Now!
Last year has brought positive changes in the public perception of veganism, and it became mainstream. The number of vegans in the world is record-high, vegan food options can be found at any corner, and the consumers are more conscious of what they support with their money and what they’re putting on their plates. The future is inevitably vegan, so we invite everyone to join the movement and pledge to go vegan
Stop the Use of Pyrotechnics!
During yet another holiday season, we asked everyone not to use pyrotechnics in their New Year’s Day celebration, because the loud noises of firecrackers and fireworks put both domestic and wild animals under major stress, fear, and can even cause death from the shock. We pointed out that pyrotechnic devices are dangerous to humans as well, especially children who often end up with hand or eye injuries, so we asked for their ban during the whole year. We pointed out to the illogical part of the law which allows the use of pyrotechnics between December 27th and December 30th, when nothing is celebrated in Croatia. We also invited everyone to sign the petition for the ban of pyrotechnics.
We invited everyone to spend their holidays compassionately with vegan dishes on their tables
, and we shared numerous recipes and advice on how to veganize traditional dishes or replace eggs and milk in their baking. We asked vegans to share their knowledge and thoughts on importance of veganism with their families and loved ones, to give cruelty-free presents and to enjoy the holidays peacefully.
- There was a charity flea market organized in our premises to fund the dog shelter Friends in Čakovec.
- We supported a students’ initiative which was started with the goal of introducing vegan menus into cafeterias.
- How veganism became cool and other interesting news can be read here!
- We sent a letter to all Croatian cities and municipalities reminding them that the end of the year is the deadline for implementing the whole Animal Protection Act.
- We left our commentary in the public consultation on primary and secondary school curricula regarding veganism and animal protection.
- President of our organization Luka Oman gave a speech at the conference on animal rights in Sarajevo, where he emphasized the importance of acting at all levels of society in bringing positive changes.
Thank you all who helped us with their membership and donation. If you haven’t already, please back us with your donation so we can continue working for animals. Support our work with a standing order, donation, or annual membership fee. Every donation, no matter how small, means a lot to us!
All the best,
Your Animal Friends
Follow us on social networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.