“It is very commendable of town of Cakovec to immediately implement the new Animal Protection Act, regarding the complete control of the microchipping dogs, and administering permanent sterilization as a way to control the breeding of dogs and cats. We believe this is a good example which will follow other local communities. The only way to end the irresponsibility is to immediately proceed with implementing the Animal Protection Act and to use all the good legal tools.”
– Luka Oman, Animal Friends president
Permanent Sterilization to Save the Animals
Appeal to the Ministry to ban the Fireworks
Dog Microchipping Controls Started
Abandoned Puppies and Kittens Across the EU
Say Goodbye to Cow Milk
- After several reports from citizens on animal torture by Josip Tonkovic Tito while wild boar hunting we contacted the District Attorney in Gospic asking them to initialize criminal procedure before a competent court.
- We contacted the Veterinary inspectorate in Osijek due to many reports of concerned citizens about the footage published on the web portal osijek031.com. The footage shows public torture and harassment of roosters during the carnival tradition kakasütésu (whacking the rooster) in Vardarac. We sent them a letter asking them to punish the perpetrators. Portal osijek031.com removed the controversial article at our request.
- We praised the Police administration of Virovitica-Podravska County, who quickly and efficiently tracked down the dog abusers in the region of Slatina who took part in illegal dogfights with their dogs. The police is continuing the investigation.
- We engaged in public consultation for making Draft of regulation on performing commercial fishing on the sea by seine nets, seeking to prohibit the use of all seine nets in the interest of the conservation of the Adriatic Sea and its biodiversity.
- After voting for the best social campaign in 2017, organized by the Brodoto agency, the first eight campaigns, including the March for Animals, entered the finals and were presented to the audience and the competent jury at the Impact conference 2018.
- We started a collaboration with the specialist veterinary practice LunimirVer from Zagreb as part of the program for more affordable spaying/neutering.
- The premiere of the film “The Invisibles” was held on March 1st in Osijek and March 6th in Zagreb.
- We continue intense activities toward enforcing the Animal Protection Act.
With the ratification of the new Animal Protection Act, there is plenty of persistent work on its implementation ahead of us. You can help by donating and paying the annual membership. More information about the ways in which you can contribute is available here.
Animal Friends Croatia