‘Our video demonstrates how easy it is to make a tasty holiday meal for which no animal has suffered. Animals are, just like us, born with a need for love, warmth, play, and friendship, but instead we take them from their mothers, cut their beaks, tails, and horns, keep them in captivity, humiliate them, violently load them into trucks, and slice their necks in the end. Allow for these holidays to be joyful for animals and for you, so try cooking dishes without using animal ingredients. We wish you a compassionate new year!’ – Anita Petrovic, animal rights activist
Being kinder to animals
Put a stop to the terror of firecrackers
- We have held a meeting with police representatives regarding the housing of dogs from shelters and the joint promotion of responsible custody.
- We have sent a letter to Mayor Andro Krstulovic regarding the reappearance of a boar in the Split area, calling for an end to the unnecessary panic and hostility towards the boar and other wild animals.
- We joined the citizens’ reactions about the participation of animals in the performance “Living Christmas Nativity – Advent in Zagreb” and appealed to Zagreb and other cities to create tourist attractions without the exploitation of animals.
- We have strongly condemned the “drowning” of the dog in nitrogen-free fluid during the experiment conducted by Russian scientists in front of Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic, also condemned by the world public.
- We condemned the act of the Vukovar pediatrician who dumped newborn puppies on the shore of the Vuk river.
With the ratification of the new Animal Protection Act, there is plenty of persistent work on its implementation ahead of us. You can help by donating and paying the annual membership. More information about the ways in which you can contribute is available here.
We wish you all the best for a happy, compassionate and cruelty-free 2018!
Animal Friends Croatia