“Factory farming is responsible for most of the air, water, and land pollution—that disproportionately affects our poor communities as well. So, we get to make decisions three times a day, what we do with our planet, and you can make a difference by even once a day or once a week choosing not to eat animals or animal products.” – Natalie Portman
Animal Protection Act entered into force!
World Vegan Day
Lecture: The Case for Veganism
- We addressed the local government in Belisce regarding foxes that are turning up in inhabited parts of the town. The aim of the addressal was to point out the necessity of common life with wild animals.
- We addressed all local autonomy units, suggesting that they publicize and distribute fliers regarding new regulations for dog guardians and their duties, commitments and responsibilities.
- We made a statement about the savage act of defenestration of two dogs from an apartment building. Besides condemning those cruel murders, we believe that the person responsible should be prosecuted and punished with imprisonment as well as a lifelong prohibition from maintaining custody over animals. Testing should be prescribed as a necessary condition for gaining the rights to become an animal’s guardian.
- We submitted a criminal charge and a report to the veterinary inspectorate after the brutal beating of baby goat that took place nearby Vukovar. We requested the sanctioning of both the abuser and the irresponsible custodian.
- We set up several informative stands in October. We would also like to invite you to join us during the action campaign Adopting is Cool on Saturday, November 11th from 9 AM until 3 PM on Ban Jelačić Square in Zagreb.
- Check YouTube video showing our street performance held during World Day for Farmed Animals.
We would like to invite you to join us during the big animal rights protest on December 9th, 2017 in the center of Zagreb. More information will soon be available on our website and social media channels.
With the ratification of the new Animal Protection Act, there is plenty of persistent work on its implementation ahead of us. You can help by donating and paying the annual participation fee. More information about the ways in which you can contribute is available here.
your Animal Friends Croatia