“Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.” – Thomas Alva Edison
Life in a Cagejoin her in a cage for a few minutes as part of a public performance. Chinchi wanted to teach citizens about the feeling of captivity, fear and despair which chinchillas experience at farms. She received support of many citizens in her attempt to stop the shameful initiative to change the Law. If you too want to show your support for Chinchi’s cause, feel free to write to us.
Ayurvedic Vegan DelicaciesAyurvedic vegan banquet for state officials and members of the diplomatic corps at the Sheraton Hotel, in order to familiarize them with the healthy plant-based diet and Ayurvedic principles. Many tasty dishes were served, including carrot and orange soup, sesame and peanut rice, bulgur salad, sesame hummus, samosas, rice pudding and many other delicacies.
For the end of animal prisons in Marjan
Results of the January Veggie ChallengeVeggie Challenge and recommend it to others. It pays off to visit www.veganopolis.net.
- We participated in workshops about running non-profitable organizations held in Den Haag. We learned plenty of new and interesting strategies to upgrade our work for the benefit of animals.
- Together with the vegan restaurant Vegehop from Zagreb, we started a prize contest for new members in which our supporter Andrea won a vegan dinner, but decided to pass her prize on to her friends Petra and Igor in order to introduce them to the plant-based diet. Kudos for her activism!
- We spread the word to the Croatian media about the shocking footage from the Polish organization Otwarte Klatki, which secretly captured on tape how animals are treated in the fur industry.
- Because of the great interest among the kids, we held another lecture at Kralj Tomislav Elementary School, and then returned the hospitality when the kids visited us in our office, not missing a single opportunity to learn more about animals and their rights.
- We also held a cooking workshop at Kralj Tomislav Elementary School. The kids were excited to learn how to make a delicious vegan meal.
- We reacted concerning the worrisome news that the Dinaric lynx faces extermination by hunters and poachers.
- We didn’t miss the chance to publicly repeat our demand for the removal of razor wire from our borders because it is a great threat to people and animals.
- Every week we bring you interesting new articles about nutrition and animal rights! Find out about your vegan rights, read about four things that would happen if everyone stopped eating meat, and educate yourself on how milk affects your bones.
- They say a picture is worth a thousand words! Take a look at the gallery from our latest cooking workshop, check out the atmosphere on our visit to an animal shelter in the Netherlands, see how Super Ljilja the piglet handled a visit to the vet, or visit our Photo of the month column!
- From our web’s news section:
a) A new blog at veganopolis.net: If You Have a Choice, Do No Harm
b) New recipes on the Green Monday website
c) S.FRESH, Lavare kozmetika and PTO Nekić added to the White list
d) Water pollution
As a reminder, you can now pay membership fees and donations online with your credit card, as well as through PayPal and by other means. We invite you to use those easy and modern ways of payment to help us in our further work for the benefit of animals and get many member discounts. You can also help us by other means.
Our sincere thanks!