“I became a vegetarian three years ago out of love and care for animals. I feel great. I want to contribute to animal rights and this is why I participated in Meatout.” – Tara Dorotic (14), rhythmic gymnast – a city and regional champion
Choose Your Battles
Four kickbox fighters – Mirko Filipovic, Mladen Brestovac, Igor Jurkovic and Mladen Kujundzic – entered the media ring for homing abandoned animals with the campaign “Choose Your Battles”. We put on this campaign in collaboration with the Dumovec shelter and Info Pet Center SUZA. Video footage from the shoot is available here.
We thank the students from the Kralj Tomislav elementary school in Zagreb along with chefs and other volunteers who helped us prepare a rich selection of various vegan dishes for Meatout, which were all eaten in a flash. 404 individuals took the pledge to eat vegan: 171 signed up to eat vegan on Meatout, 127 signed to eat vegan every Monday, and 106 signed up to eat vegan every day. You can see Meatout photo galleries here or on Facebook.
– On International Women’s Day we invited everyone to watch the video “Female Exploitation” and to put ourselves in the position of female animals who have no rights and whose freedoms are taken away.
– We attended a meeting at the Ministry of Environmental and Nature Protection regarding our campaign about banning plastic bags. We also discussed the possibility of support for our Green Monday campaign and the ZeGeVege Festival.
– We sent requests for a meeting to the cities of Rijeka, Split, Zadar, and Bjelovar, regarding the homing of abandoned animals and building shelters. We accompanied representatives of Petrinja town to the Dumovec shelter who wanted to share information and get advice regarding building a “no-kill” shelter and educational center.
– Our international campaign coordinator participated in the biannual meeting of the ECEAE in Rome, discussing campaigns, news and facts around animal testing in Europe. The horrible animal tests carried out for botox as well as Air France’s involvement with the transport of monkeys to laboratories were the main issues discussed there.
– From our web’s news section:
a) “8 Easy Ways to Make an Impact for Animals and the Environment”
b) “5 Reasons Why Pit Bulls are Misunderstood”
c) Ellie Goulding now on the list of famous veggies
d) Besureis – Through the Looking Glass available in the Video Clips
– The Croatian eco store of hemp products konoplja&co joined the Green Monday campaign by offering a 20% discount in their store on at least one product every Monday.
– The horrible zoo in Split that we have been lobbying for years to close, is finally going to shut its doors.
Thank you all for your kind support and membership. We invite you to continually follow our activities, hoping that we will justify your trust!