“’The multitude of your sacrifices – what are they to me?’ says the Lord. ‘I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats. Your hands are full of blood! Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight.’ ” – Isaiah I:11, 15-16
Holiday Table With Live Chickenwe invited people to a compassionate holiday celebration. Sasha the Hen, who was saved from the flood in Gunja, was model for the billboard by which we stated that the only way to have a chicken at the table is by inviting her, alive and unharmed, to join us for dinner. As a part of this campaign, we also published holiday recipes of Sasha the Hen, for baking of which it is needed precisely 0% of cruelty towards animals.
Dogs for Hanging?situation in the Romani settlements in Medimurje county, where there are many homeless, sick, starving and wounded dogs, we demanded a reaction from Croatia’s president Grabar-Kitarovic, from the County state attorney, veterinary inspection and other relevant ministries. We participated in the round table discussion in Cakovec, and together with many other associations we visited one of the Romani villages and saw those terrible conditions for ourselves.
Dubrovnik With Police Against Dogswarned about the disgraceful situation in Dubrovnik, where the city authorities violently abducted an unknown number of dogs from the shelter Zarkovica, accompanied by the police. We consider that Dubrovnik needs to return the animals immediately, and to build their own shelter, invest in the vaccination, spaying/neutering and homing. These costs for the last 15 years have been settled by volunteers, and now the City treats them like criminals.
No to Animals Under the Christmas Treeappealed to the citizens not to give animals as presents for the holidays. To become a guardian of an animal is a great responsibility and not everyone is ready for it. We appeal to all to home an animal instead of buying one, by which the cruel breeding industry is supported and animals merely treated like objects. We also accentuated the importance of introducing the so called Positive list.
Celebration or War Zone?prohibition of 2nd and 3rd class of pyrotechnics during the whole year. The Ministry of Internal Affairs announced consequent changes, after we collected over 15.000 signatures for the ban. But this year still numerous children, adults and animals suffer severe, and sometimes even fatal consequences of the explosions of pyrotechnic devices.
Protest for the dogs in Croatiaprotest in front of the Ministry of Agriculture by which we said ENOUGH to the responsible institutions’ and city authorities’ disrespecting of the laws concerning the homing of abandoned animals. The alertness of this situation is well illustrated by the cases of Romani villages in Medimurje and the violent abduction of dogs from the shelter Zarkovica.
New Years Resolution and Veggie Challengebecome vegan. Everyone who will apply for the Veggie Challenge until the end of January will be competing for winning the training course with Dragan, plus a vegan lunch!
- We wrote to the Commissioner of the Environment, Maritime and Fisheries Department in the European Commission, demanding of him to stand up for the instant removal of razor-wire from our borders, for it is a great threat to the safety of animals.
- We reported the exploitation of animals as a part of “living” Christmas Crib near the Zagreb’s cathedral to the veterinary inspection, claiming that animals shouldn’t be living exhibits.
- We visited the elementary school Kralj Tomislav in Zagreb, and this time the children surprised us with their own presentation on animal rights. We are very proud of our little activists.
- From our web’s news section:
a) Food Harmony added to the list of health food stores
b) Pizzerias Veloce and O’Hara added to the list of restaurants
c) Hippy Garden cosmetics added to the White list
- Fur Free Alliance is starting to send out a monthly newsletter with updates on their work, so be sure to subscribe in order to get access to information concerning animal exploitation for fur.
- We would like to inform you that from now on it is possible to pay membership fees and donations via online credit card payments, along with paying via PayPal, and by other means. We invite you to use those easy and modern ways of payment and help us in our further work for the benefit of animals. By doing so, you will achieve the right to many discounts for members. You can also help us by other means. Thank you so much!
We wish you all the best for the holiday season. Let’s spend it together without cruelty towards our animal friends.
Your Animal Friends