“When we kill animals to eat them, they end up killing us because their flesh, which contains cholesterol and saturated fat, was never intended for human beings.” – M.D. William C. Roberts, editor of The American Journal of Cardiology magazine
Listen To Your Heart, Not Your Habits!billboards, we have invited citizens to abandon backward custom of home pig slaughtering. Brutal killing of sensitive beings with no reason whatsoever is not an opportunity for celebration, but a barbaric custom which should be abandoned. We published a short video about comparisons between dogs and pigs as a part of the campaign.
This is pig slaughter!publicly reacted to the published photos of home slaughters on which violations of laws and molestation of frightened animal is evident. We pressed criminal charges against the responsible individuals and invited all to choose the compassionate diet and visit Veggie Challenge.
Razor-Wire on the Animal Rights Day
Meat the Truth in Samoborscreening of the movie Meat the Truth as a part of the Green Monday campaign. This movie speaks about the dangerous effects of the livestock industry on the global environment. If you still haven’t watch the movie Meat the Truth.
- We demanded a conduction of the veterinary inspection in all offices of companies Hop d.o.o. and ZOO OAZA since we received some disturbing informations. At the same time, we appealed to people to stop buying animals.
- We supported the initiative of the Ministry of Agriculture for introducing the so called Positive list, and the conduction of the ban on possession of dangerous animals in City of Zagreb, like the poisonous snakes.
- We wrote a letter of protest to the Government of the Republic of Slovenia in which we are appealing to them to stop taking away war refugees’ animals and eliminating them at the border.
- We reacted to the incident in which an activist Anita Kranjc gave some water to dehydrated and exhausted pigs on their way to the slaughterhouse and now she could face a sentence up to 10 years in jail because of it.
- We reported frequent cases of torturing and killing of dogs in Roma villages across the Medimurje County to the County State Attorney and to the veterinary inspection. Afterwards, we also wrote to the president Grabar-Kitarovic because this kind of situation demands the engagement of almost all parts of Croatian government.
- From our web’s news section:
a) New recipes on the Green Monday web page
b) A new blog at the www.veganopolis.net
c) Report of the Animal Shelter Pokupsko Cerje
d) Live Animals Store Sales Intended for Human Consumption
e) Prohibition on the Use of Horses for log pulling
- We thank the pizzeria Veloce for inviting us to taste the 1st vegan pizza on a regular menu in Zagreb. We accepted the invitation with pleasure, as you can see in the photo gallery.
- Please support our work by filling out the membership application. By paying your membership fee you will obtain the right to numerous discounts! Thank you!
Together for all animals,
Your Animal Friends