“I am sometimes asked ‘Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?’ I answer, ‘I am working at the roots!'” – George T. Angell
Silencing the Firecrackers with Signatures
We launched a petition calling for a ban on firecrackers during the days around New Year’s Eve which can be signed here on our website and also sent a request for an amendment or addition to the Explosive Substances Act to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Croatia and called all organizations and individuals to help us in gathering signatures.
Animal Welfare at the Heart of EU Elections!
For this year’s European Parliament elections, we joined Eurogroup for Animals’ campaign and called Croatian MEPs to sign The Animal Welfare Pledge. So far it has been signed by Sandra Petrovic Jakovina and Tonino Picula, and we expect our other MEPs to sign the Pledge as well.
– We sent a report to the Veterinary Department of Licko-senjska County in Gospic because of the reported animal abuse at a Konzum store in Senj.
– Three of the most dedicated ladies who responded to our invitation to participate in the “Gift of Goodness” – Sandra Jelovac, Martina Matonickin and Sanja Kruljac – were awarded with nice gifts. “Gift of Goodness” action is still going on.
– We visited the elementary school Kralja Tomislava in Zagreb and educated children about why animals are afraid of firecrackers.
– In the TV show “Pets” we talked about the importance of spaying/neutering and the problem of abandoned animals, in the show “Every Day, Good Day” we condemned animal abuse while in the “RTL Today” TV show we mentioned the importance of the ban on plastic bags.
– At the University of Applied Health Studies we held a first lecture about animal rights and protection, thus starting this year’s mutual collaboration. Students showed great interest by asking questions for a full three hours.
– We thank Dragan Surlan from Zagreb Fitness Bootcamp for a free fitness training in our office for our employees and volunteers in order to help those who work all days for animals and forget about the importance of working out.
Sincere thanks for your loyalty and kind support and membership, as well as your loyal following of our future activities. Join us and be with us and our efforts according to your abilities.