“A carnivore can sense compassion when faced with a bloody carcass of a dog, just because he doesn’t perceive it as being ‘appetitlich’, because it can not be consumed like an equally disgustingly butchered piglet, for example.” – famous Croatian writer and intellectual Miroslav Krleza
Spaying and Neutering Save Livessimultaneous action in cities Zagreb and Virovitica on February 28, 2015. The goal of this action which is a part of the “Adopting Is Cool” campaign was promoting spaying/neutering as necessary help for animals. We got support by the Mayor of Virovitica, Mr Ivica Kirin, by the Deputy Mayor of Zagreb, Mrs Sandra Svaljek and by a popular Croatian comedian Mario Petrekovic. The petition for the prohibition of killing animals in animal shelters was also offered for signing.
Vegan Banquet in SamoborGreen Monday campaign which promotes a plant-based diet at least once a week. On Monday, March 3, 2015 we organized a vegan banquet for the mayor of Samobor and his guests where we presented vegan dishes made by the Zrno Estate and the restaurant Bio Bistro Zrno. Green Monday is a part of an international campaign that is running in over 30 countries worldwide.
‘Cleaning Up’ Europe From Crueltya public action in London on March 11, 2015 to ban animal experiments for household cleaning products. A representative of our Association also participated in the action. Learn more about the HCS-Standard and companies that do not test their products on animals.
- We proudly announce that this year’s ZeGeVege Festival will be held on September 4-5 2015 and we hope many of you will visit us at the Main Square in Zagreb.
- In Kralj Tomislav primary school we had a great time with kids while watching PETA’s educational video “Share the World”.
- Our long-time volunteer and associate Anita Euschen was nominated for the Volunteer Oscar award in 2015. Along with many other activities through which she actively promotes animal rights, Anita participated in “Eurogroup” and “ECEAE” meetings.
- We reported the Hunting Club Sljuka to the District Attorney Office and to the Hunting Inspection. According to allegations of one of the Club’s members, they shot two pregnant boars during the period when the hunting of wild boars is banned in the area, and released the hunting dogs to tear them to pieces while they were still alive.
- We submitted a protest letter to the management of the wholesale chain Metro, condemning the expansion of their offer to the meat from wild and exotic animal species. We presented a stance that there is no need to encourage the breeding of wild animals to obtain meat, considering the horrors to which farmed animals are already subjected to.
- From our web’s news section:
a) Gluten-Free Vegan Diet;
b) An article about raw food;
c) Ingredients of Vegan Desserts
- We kindly ask you to like and share posts from our Facebook page and help us reach the number of 10.000 satisfied followers. Also, check out our YouTube channel where interesting new videos are continuously being added.
- We are setting up evening info stalls on Thursdays and our daily info stalls on Saturdays. Stalls are lead by our volunteer Sara Mesin (see the schedule at web-calendar). On evening stalls you can watch impressive video projections, and on daily stalls you can find interesting promo articles.
- Our thanks goes to all of you who follow our work and support us through your membership or in other ways. We also invite all who still haven’t become our members to make us happy and proud.
Together we are strong, let us use that strength for the benefit of those whose voices can not be heard!
Your Animal Friends