Campaign to Ban the Use of Pyrotechnicscomplete prohibition of the use of pyrotechnics of Hazard Type 2 and 3 to the Croatian Ministry of the Interior. We also submitted a Proposal to amend the Explosive Substances Act. We thank all who helped collecting the signatures. We would also like to encourage all to write to the Ministry and state their opinion on this matter until February 10, 2015.
Volunteer for Animals!volunteer for animal rights in 2015. We invite all who are willing to translate and proofread, collect signatures for petitions, or help us in any other way to contact us via e-mail email@example.com. Together we can make a change.
Handing Out Coffee With Vegan Milkdistributing coffee with vegan milk, thus showing that volunteering for animal rights can also be fun and simple. We invited them to start using milk made from soy, barley, rice, almond, or other sorts of vegetal milk which is not the cause of animal suffering, and is not harmful for human health and the environment.
- We submitted to the mayor of Dubrovnik a demand to start financing the construction of animal shelters, to set up the Info Center and educational programs, programs for neutering/spaying and homing of abandoned animals, as prescribed by the Law, and as well to help at the animal shelter in Zarkovica.
- We submitted a demand to the mayor of the City of Zapresic to ban Circus Safari that uses domestic animals from it’s acts. Besides that, we submitted a report for the false advertisement and a demand for inspection of Circus Safari to the Ministry of Economy. Primitive animal acts in which a goat stands on a plank held by two cows needs to be banished from Croatia.
- Because of the report concerning the case of exploitation of horses on Velebit submitted to Labour Inspectorate, the inspection discovered that Vinko Kalasevic from the company “Sjeca” uses two foreigners for log extraction. A monetary fine was assigned to the offender.
- Due to unexpected circumstances because of which we were unable to get expected fundings for settlement of expenses of moving into a new location, we kindly ask for your help in order to be able to continue with our work.
- We reacted about the pig farm problem in Jakusevec and highlighted the problems of environmental pollution and great amounts of unnecessarily generated suffering caused by animal concentration camps the public neither wants to see nor smell.
- We visited the primary school King Tomislav where we presented basics of the vegan cousine and through presenting the updates on the web page www.spremi-klopu.hr we made children more curious for healthy diet and cooking.
- We sent our reaction concerning the case that received extensive media coverage. Namely, the guardian of a dog called Medo was ordered by the Court to keep the dog locked in the house during the night. We emphasized the responsibility of each guardian to ensure appropriate conditions for the dog and that tethered dogs suffer permanently.
- To help an online platform Freelancers For Animals come to life, a crowdfunding campaign on IndieGogo has been started to raise the sources. Please spread the word and support the campaign.
We thank all who helped us with their membership, donations, volunteering and other forms of precious and needed support during the previous year. We believe that you will recognize our endeavours and proudly be by our side in our activities in this year too.
Your Animal Friends Croatia