Dogs in Karlovac shelterdemand to the Ministry of Agriculture to revise the inspection process performed by Branka Horvatic at the Karlovac shelter in Utinja. We also sent a letter to Marina Kolakovic, the deputy mayor of Karlovac.
World Vegan DayWorld Vegan Day, Nov 1, we posted an interesting lecture online by the social psychologist and the author of the book Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism Melanie Joy. The lecture can be viewed here.
Authorities Against the Environmentban using thin plastic bags in order to reduce their excessive use and their damaging effects on the environment. It is shameful that Croatia has is the only member of the EU Council to have voted against this civilized and ecologically-advanced proposal for the protection of environment.
Adopting is Cool“Doggies and Mutts.” This was the first “Adopting is Cool” action held in two cities: Zagreb and Osijek.
- At Jabukovac Elementary School in Zagreb we held a lecture and a debate after showing the educational video, “Their Future In Your Hands,” which easily explains what we can do to help animals.
- We were guests on Croatian National Television and spoke about the Utinja shelter. We were also interviewed about plastic bag issue.
- This month we will have info stalls in Zagreb on Thursdays near the main railway station and on Saturday, Nov 15 at the central Zagreb square. In Split, the info stalls will be set up on Marmontova street on Saturdays through the end of this month.
- This Friday, Nov 14, we are organizing a social in our office at Jurisiceva 25 in Zagreb for all our supporters, members and friends.
- On Saturday, Nov 15 we will continue with our vegan workshops for adults. Attendants will be able to learn how to prepare cream soup, pasticada with seitan, and cholocate cake.
Thank you for continuing to follow and support us in all your different ways, by being a member (and thus taking advantage of numerous member discounts), by donating any amount you can (according to your circumstances) and by volunteering.
Warm greeting from your Animal Friends