‘I don’t believe that animals are ours to use or to harm. They feel pain. There are people who might not be as intelligent, but they feel pain. And I don’t think we should feel OK or ethically sound hurting them, just as I don’t think it’s ethically sound to hurt an animal, when it’s perfectly healthy and doable to survive on non-animal sources of food.’ – Emily Deschanel
Animal Friends Days 2013
As part of Animal Friends Days 2013 we marked: World Vegetarian Day (Oct 1) by making a 15,20 m long vegan sandwich, World Day for Farmed Animals (Oct 2) with a video projection of “10 Billion Lives” in collaboration with FARM. We also marked World Animal Day (Oct 4) by presenting 14 associations on the Zagreb main square and by participating on an event on the Bundek Lake (Oct 5) organized by the City Office for Agriculture and Forestry.
The World Starves Because of Meat Eating!
On World Food Day and World Poverty Day, we warned that consuming meat, milk and eggs is directly connected to world poverty and hunger. On this occasion at our evening stall, we presented a spot “If Fast Food Could Talk” directed by Louis van Zwol and produced by the IanErik company from Amsterdam, and invited citizens to think about switching to a healthy plant-based diet.
- We announced a position for a web administrator and technical support, so if you have these skills and speak fluently Croatian, please contact us.
- From Oct 11-13 we participated on Vitafest in Zagreb.
- From our web’s news section please check out new shelters on the list “Shelters for abandoned animals,” Tradexo on the list of Fur Free Retailers and a new spot on our YouTube channel: “If Fast Food Could Talk”.
- Croatian edition of Animal Theology by Andrew Linzey is in our web catalog now, as well as many other books, T-shirts, calendar for 2014, etc.
- Two new products in Croatia have now vegan V-Label: Omegol sauce based on mayonnaise and tomato, and Oio Vivo extra virgin olive oil from Vodnjan.
- We invite you to become a proud member of Animal Friends Croatia. Together we can change the world for the better and with you on our side we can continue with our work and activities for the animals.
Thank you all for your kind support, membership and for following our activities. Special thanks to the volunteers who helped us with organizing Animal Friends Days. 🙂
Your Animal Friends Croatia