‘I just realized that if it’s really compassion that drives you, maybe it’s not enough just to stop eating animals but you maybe should boycott the whole animal industry, because it’s not what you as a compassionate being would want. So actually you should go one step further and become vegan.’ – Patrik Baboumian, the German strongman, vegan
Vegan Lunch with the President of Croatia
Inviting our fellow citizens to the ZeGeVege Festival, we organized a vegan lunch in the President’s Office for President Ivo Josipovic, our media representatives, and a group of citizens as part of the “Coffee with the President” who joined us for lunch. The atmosphere was great, the lunch excellent, and we praise the good logistical support of the President’s Office and chefs from Vegehop. Some of the dishes you can see here.
Record-breaking ZeGeVege Festival!
This year’s 6th ZeGeVege Festival was all-record-breaking: 75 exhibitors and 32 performers, about 30,000 visitors, five participant countries, more than 80 media channels, two vegan restaurants with hempburgers and kebab, raffle with numerous prizes, free hairdo, tastings, lectures and workshops, children’s corner and 20-hour long stage program… Thank you all for participating and join us next year too! Photo galleries can be viewed on our web site and Facebook.
- We sent a protest note to the Embassy of Japan in Croatia because of the dolphin slaughter in the bay of Taiji town and joined the international condemnation of this massacre.
- We reported a Pest Reject gadget to the State Inspectorate of the Republic of Croatia, which has harmful effects on pet rodents, and asked for their inspection.
- We participated in the action “Adopting is Cool” organized by the City Office for Agriculture and Forestry in order to call for adoption instead of buying animals and warn about the importance of consideration before adopting an animal.
- We participated in the Open days of the Zagreb Shelter for Abandoned Animals in Dumovec and Mystic Fair on the Zagreb Fair.
- Thanks to the good collaboration with the City of Zagreb, we succeeded in receiving approval for companion animals to be allowed on public transportation in Zagreb, which also solves the problem of dogs coming to the Zagreb lake Jarun, for which we also appealed. We will try to motivate other cities to follow this positive example.
- We called on the public to sign the petition against the planned mass killing of stray dogs in Bucharest, Romania.
- New on our YouTube: President Josipovic and veganism.
- New merchandise in our web catalogue include ZeGeVege canvas bag and our calendar for 2014. The calendar has beautiful photos of animals, excellent recipes and dates of holidays.
Thank you all for your kind support, membership and for following our activities. Special thanks to all volunteers who helped us with the ZeGeVege Festival and the moving to our new office space!
See you during Animal Friends Days, October 1-5!
Your Animal Friends Croatia